Set custom return code for S2-L1C products missing viewing angles
name: Feature Request (DM) about: Use this template for reporting a feature request.
Please note: Any issue should be submitted using the FA Template
Describe the current behavior
Given that more and more an S2-L1C products seem to be missing viewing angles, this modification shall assure that start_maja catches this specific error:
Traceback (most recent call last): File "/work/scratch/musqon3a/maja-4.2.0/lib/python/orchestrator/launcher/maja.py", line 100, in <module> main() File "/work/scratch/musqon3a/maja-4.2.0/lib/python/orchestrator/launcher/maja.py", line 81, in main lprocessor.scientific_processing() File "/work/scratch/musqon3a/maja-4.2.0/lib/python/orchestrator/processor/l2_nominal_processor.py", line 216, in scientific_processing l2_image_file_writer, checking_conditional_clouds) File "/work/scratch/musqon3a/maja-4.2.0/lib/python/orchestrator/processor/l2_processor.py", line 591, in process_one_product reduce_lut_computation.launch(global_input_dict, global_output_dict) File "/work/scratch/musqon3a/maja-4.2.0/lib/python/orchestrator/modules/maja_module.py", line 66, in launch self.run(dict_of_input, dict_of_output) File "/work/scratch/musqon3a/maja-4.2.0/lib/python/orchestrator/processor/l2_pipelines/reduce_lut_computation.py", line 115, in run raise MajaDataException("Error on input L1 product: missing Viewing angles for some l2 coarse band on detector "+key+" , all l2 coarse bands are needed for HR_Lut generation") orchestrator.common.maja_exceptions.MajaDataException: Error on input L1 product: missing Viewing angles for some l2 coarse band on detector 12 , all l2 coarse bands are needed for HR_Lut generation
Describe the expected behavior
Start-Maj should skip the given product and the contexts associated with it (such as the product being exluded in a backward execution).
Some points to take into account:
- Custom return codes are not that straight forward: See here, here or maybe here
- Start_maja currently has a program-level interface with maja, even though both could be interfaced on a pure python-level which would facilitate error code handling. Dropping the current interface would also mean dropping support for other maja-versions (3.x most importantly).
- Should this modification take too long, we have to update the readme with a FAQ section describing common errors to be found in maja.
- Urgency (Select Low/Medium/High): Low
- Criticity (Select Low/Medium/High): Low
Various contexts exit from the past weeks.