Switch to c++17
Upgrade to the C++ 2017 standard
OTB is currently compiled with c++14. Now that the c++17 standard is well implemented by the compilers, we could upgrad to c++17. This would come with a lot of advantages:
- There are a lot of TODOs in the code telling that when we switch to c++17 we will be able to simplify that part of code.
- The new
std::clampis useful (and could simplify !797).
- We will be able to remove the homemade emulation of the string_view, and use the standard one.
- A bunch of new algorithms and mathematical functions.
- Some new features concerning the templates
- The new
if constexprwill be handful to simplify the code.
- Many other goodies.
This update means we drop support for older compilers (like VisualC++14).
Modify CMAKE_CXX_STANDARD to 17 in main CMakeFiles.txt.
Remove the REGISTER keyword from 6S code.
The copyright owner is CNES and has signed the ORFEO ToolBox Contributor License Agreement.
Check before merging:
- All discussions are resolved
- At least 2
👍votes from core developers, no 👎vote.
- The feature branch is (reasonably) up-to-date with the base branch
- Dashboard is green
- Copyright owner has signed the ORFEO ToolBox Contributor License Agreement
- Optionally, run
git diff develop... -U0 --no-color | clang-format-diff.py -p1 -ion latest changes and commit