Resolve "use GIT_TAG "master" on develop branch for all RemoteModules"
Gives a short summary of the changes.
Changes in OTB, platform, compilers, upgrade of dependencies might need a change in remote module code. This code is maintained (mostly) by people not invovled in everyday activity of OTB. Due to delay in make changes dashboard of OTB will be broken. It keeps happening again.
- create issue on remote module repo
- review/propose a merge request on that project
- test this remote module (manually) on all platforms
- create a new mr to update GIT_TAG
- use "master" for GIT_TAG
- allow remote module devs to continue pushing fixes
- GIT_TAG will be updated during release process after creation of release-X.Y branch
- developers of OTB can test latest version of a remote module when using develop
- users can get access to latest version of a remote module when using develop
- developers of remote module can test latest changes with latest OTB on all platforms (using cdash)
- reduce delay and avoid updating GIT_TAG with each module in between releases.
The copyright owner is COPYRIGHT OWNER (OR OWNER'S AGENT) and has signed the ORFEO ToolBox Contributor License Agreement.
Check before merging:
- All discussions are resolved
- At least 2
👍votes from core developers, no 👎vote.
- The feature branch is (reasonably) up-to-date with the base branch
- Dashboard is green
- Copyright owner has signed the ORFEO ToolBox Contributor License Agreement