Improve the application documentation which currently has a lot of formatting problems, and improve the cookbook in general.
- Complete rewrite of
- New way of presenting parameters (no more choice parameter recursive spaghetti)
- Support custom CSS
- Build CookBook without
- Fix #1771 (closed)
- Show "Edit on Gitlab" link
- Manual review of all applications documentation (grammar mistakes, rst warnings, dead links, broken formulas...)
- Don't show "DocName" and "Authors"
- Many small design improvements
- Add documentation warnings. Here's an example (in reality there are 100+, we can fix them in another branch)
OTB Documentation Warning (Rescale): 'ram' parameter is not third from last OTB Documentation Warning (RigidTransformResample): Application Long Description does not end with a period (.) OTB Documentation Warning (SARCalibration): Parameter 'lut' name contains special character (.) OTB Documentation Warning (SARCalibration): 'ram' parameter is not third from last OTB Documentation Warning (SARDecompositions): Application Long Description has a space before a colon OTB Documentation Warning (SARDecompositions): Parameter 'inco.kernelsize' name contains special character (.) OTB Documentation Warning (SARPolarMatrixConvert): Parameter 'inc' name contains special character (:)
GetDocLinklink to Cookbook (instead of /Applications)
- Automatic internal links in application description (e.g. if you write "BlockMatching" in the long description it will become a link).
- Fix bug in
GetParameterAsStringwhere string lists were formatted with '\n' (use space instead).
otbWrapperApplicationDocTeststo allow empty Limitations, empty SeeAlso and trailing newline in LongDescription.
This branch has a corresponding branch in otb-data to update the baseline for
Guidelines to application documentation authors
- Use rst format
- Prefer present tense imperative
- Order of parameters is important!
- Avoid useless words like "this application...." or "this parameter..."
- Avoid noise like "Input output: This allows setting input and output"
- Multiple versions with sphinxcontrib-versioning
- Fix "documentation warnings"
SetDocName? #1789 (closed)
The copyright owner is CNES and has signed the ORFEO ToolBox Contributor License Agreement.
Check before merging:
- All discussions are resolved
- At least 2
👍votes from core developers, no 👎vote.
- The feature branch is (reasonably) up-to-date with the base branch
- Dashboard is green
- Copyright owner has signed the ORFEO ToolBox Contributor License Agreement