ENH: Use HTTPS to download SuperBuild dependencies
Use HTTPS to download SuperBuild dependencies with the exception of OpenThreads, which uses a self-signed certificate and we're planning to get stop using anyway.
- HTTPS ensures the integrity of the downloads, certainly more than the MD5 checksums we're using
- HTTPS hides what you're downloading
- HTTPS can work better with flaky or misconfigured network equipment (at least you get an error instead of a corrupted download)
- there's no reason to not use encryption in 2021
The copyright owner is Laurențiu Nicola / CS GROUP ROMANIA and has signed the ORFEO ToolBox Contributor License Agreement.
Check before merging:
- All discussions are resolved
- At least 2
👍votes from core developers, no 👎vote.
- The feature branch is (reasonably) up-to-date with the base branch
- Dashboard is green
- Copyright owner has signed the ORFEO ToolBox Contributor License Agreement
- Optionally, run
git diff develop... -U0 --no-color | clang-format-diff.py -p1 -ion latest changes and commit