Update geospatial libraries versions in Superbuild (WIP)
Update the version of several OTB dependencies in the Superbuild:
- SQLITE: 3.8 to 3.36. SQLITE > 3.11 is required to build PROJ > 7.0.0. See https://github.com/OSGeo/PROJ/issues/1718
PROJ: 6.2.1 to 8.1.1 :
proj-1-cmakefixes-all.diffis not required anymore with https://github.com/OSGeo/PROJ/issues/1479. PROJ now have TIFF and CURL as (optional) dependencies. As these libraries are already built by the Superbuild they can be used in PROJ. See RFC4.
- GEOS: 3.6.5 to 3.6.9
- GEOTIFF: Already up to date
- GDAL: 3.2.2 to 3.4.0
We noted some differences in baseline tests when compiling OTB with more recent versions of the dependencies (in a conda environment), in particular slight difference in the extent of the output polygons of some tests have been noticed. This might be caused by changes in the dependencies (maybe in geos)
The copyright owner is CNES and has signed the ORFEO ToolBox Contributor License Agreement.
Check before merging:
- All discussions are resolved
- At least 2
👍votes from core developers, no 👎vote.
- The feature branch is (reasonably) up-to-date with the base branch
- Dashboard is green
- Copyright owner has signed the ORFEO ToolBox Contributor License Agreement
- Optionally, run
git diff develop... -U0 --no-color | clang-format-diff.py -p1 -ion latest changes and commit