Release Candidate 6.6
We are ready to create the Release Candidate (RC) for version 6.6. The RC is deployed before the Major Release to catch eventual bugs.
The following steps need to be performed :
- Create the new release branch
OTB/CMakeLists.txtversion numbers in branch 'develop' to the next development version
OTB/CMakeLists.txtversion numbers in branch 'release-6.6' to 6.6.0
- Update dashboard scripts to support new version numbers
- Update the SuperBuild archive
- Send an email to otb-developers to announce the beginning of the release process
- Gather feedback on bugs that need to be fixed, make a public list and track the fixes to be able to get progress info during the release
- Run Debian spelling checker
- Run shellcheck script from OTB-Devutils/Scripts/
- Update translation for Monteverdi & Mapla
- Update FAQ, Cookbook and Software Guide (download, installation and compilation sections, contributor list) in both develop and release branch.
- Update GIT_TAG for all official remote modules
- Sanity Check the binary packages
- Tag the release branches
- Prepare and upload source packages
- Promote nightly packages
- Update documentation :
- Software Guide
- Application online documentation
- Send RC announcement email (including updated checkout commands).