Take into account S1 thermal noise in
The noise parameter in
SARCalibration is currently only used with TerraSar-X products. S1 products contain denoising LUT that can be used to remove the effect of thermal noise before applying the calibration LUTs.
Starting with products generated with IPF 2.9, there are two type of denoising LUTs are available in S1 products: one corresponding to the range contribution and one corresponding to the azimuth contribution. THis merge request
- Fix the parsing of range LUTs from S1 products
- Add parsing of azimuth LUTs
- Add a class
S1ThermalNoiseLookupDatathat compute the thermal noise from range and azimuth LUT.
- Add S1 denoising in SarRadiometricCalibrationFunction (which is used by SarRadiometricCalibrationToImageFilter
- Add tests for S1 calibration with recent products, with and without thermal noise removal
Reference: MPC-0392 DI-MPC-TN Thermal Denoising of Products Generated by the S-1 IPF
See #2167 (closed)
This has been developed for release 7.2, in preparation of a patch release containing the modifications. This should be backported into develop.
The copyright owner is CNES and has signed the ORFEO ToolBox Contributor License Agreement.
Check before merging:
- All discussions are resolved
- At least 2
👍votes from core developers, no 👎vote.
- The feature branch is (reasonably) up-to-date with the base branch
- Dashboard is green
- Copyright owner has signed the ORFEO ToolBox Contributor License Agreement
- Optionally, run
git diff develop... -U0 --no-color | clang-format-diff.py -p1 -ion latest changes and commit